Friday, December 2, 2011

Disney=A Magical Place for Poop

The first trip to Disney for my 4 year old and 15 month old.  We are enjoying are second day - everyone's first visit to Animal Kingdom. Yes, we are tired from spending the previous day at the Magic Kingdon and from starting another fun filled day at the Animal Kingdom park with two excited, albeit still exhausted from the previous day, kids.  We try to navigate towards the attractions with the shortest lines. We learned our lesson at the Magic Kingdom- "Fast Passes" only work if you're willing to stay at the park until night time. Really, how helpful is it to have a designated time to get on your favorite ride when it requires you to come back 8 hours later? And we learned that you wait and wait and wait, for a 30 second ride? Really, I remember Dumbo being longer? Anyway, we navigated towards the rides we could realistically get on at Animal Kingdom when my husband looked at me while his mouth agape. I said, "What"? No answer. I looked around. I looked down. And then I saw it. Not just a little blowout. I'm talking BLOWOUT. My baby had been on antibiotics the week before, which clearly was still affecting his little tummy, and there was poop all over him (face! fingers! hair! uck! and how is that even possible?), all over the stroller, a complete and utter blast of poop had erupted. So, we were those people. Those people who are stripping their kid naked in the middle of the park, dumping clothes and shoes straight into the trash, going through a pack of wipes and begging vendors for napkins. No restroom was nearby and there was no time. This was a situation. We're wiping and cleaning (me, the baby, my husband, the stroller) with everything and anything we could get our hands on. Yes, we purelled our child. I'm sure it's not good for him but come on. Poop everywhere! I managed to only get it on my arm and shoes so after the panic had gone, I wiped myself off with napkins. We all happily got into another long line and went on a ride. Isn't that what it's all about? Just clean up the mess, and keep going, go on the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment